Your AC system can need unexpected repairs from time to time. If you know who to call, and what to do, it can make the situation less stressful. On the other hand, air conditioner damage usually doesn’t happen out of the blue. There is typically some warning signs that can let you know trouble might be on the way. Luckily, Sunset Heating & Cooling is here to help. As your expert Beaverton, OR AC service company, we make quick work of repair issues and can also help avoid emergencies with our reliable AC maintenance and tune-up services.
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from some of our past customers.
Symptoms of a Damaged Air Conditioner
If you pay attention to the signals your air conditioner gives when there is damage, you can prevent emergency repair calls that can be stressful, costly, and hot. The trick is to know what you are looking for and to react in the most beneficial way for your AC system.
Here are six warning signs that your system might give that means it needs to be looked at by a professional:
- There is no air coming from the vents when you turn the unit on.
- The air coming from the vents is warm, or the air is inconsistently cool in the house.
- There is water or freon leaking from the unit.
- The air quality in the home has decreased.
- You notice a spike in your energy costs.
- There are odd sounds coming from your AC unit.
The air conditioner in your Beaverton, OR home plays a critical role in your daily comfort. Because of this, it’s often easy to detect when there’s a repair issue. While you should always leave the air conditioning repairs to the pros, it’s essential to be familiar with warning signs too!
When Should You Replace Your Air Conditioning System?
There will come a time for every air conditioner when no amount or repairs is going to save it. If it is no longer operable, it’s time to call a professional AC contractor for replacement.
On the other hand, many homeowners opt to replace their AC before it gets to the point of no return. There are a few things you can take into consideration to help you determine when that time might be.
- You have frequent repairs.
- Your AC system is older than 12 years.
- The system no longer cools the home to your satisfaction.
- The air quality in the home has suffered.
- The air conditioner's energy consumption has increased your energy bills
- There is a combination of issues from above plus excess humidity, strange sounds, or leaks coming from the unit.
Many homeowners will use this trick to determine the right time to replace their system: If your system is ¾ through its life, and your facing repairs that are at least ½ the price of a new unit, you should opt for an AC replacement.
Want to save on your new air conditioner installation? Be sure to check our coupons for savings on new installation projects.
Upgrade Your AC System
If you have opted to replace your AC system, you may want to think about upgrading to a more energy-efficient model. At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we offer expert zoned HVAC systems, that can help you leverage your existing system for improved comfort.
There are other benefits to upgrading your system, as well. Many modern models come with smart features that allow you to control the temperature from a mobile app, and most AC's now have a much smaller carbon footprint that makes them cheaper to run.