Air conditioner problems always seem to happen during the hottest part of the summer. Though it is possible for the AC to just stop working, typically there are some warning signs that can help prevent breakdowns. At Sunset Heating & Cooling, our Lake Oswego, OR air conditioning contractors are here to help. We offer reliable services, upfront pricing, and can even help prevent many of your AC issues with our annual tune-up services.
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our testimonials page to hear from our happy customers today!
Does Your Air Conditioner Need Repair?
Once the warm weather of the summer has arrived, homeowners are more than ready to turn up the air conditioning. Unfortunately for some, the AC may not be working as it used to. There is nothing worse than having a poorly operating (or not operating at all) AC in the middle of a humid heatwave.
Thankfully, there are some things you can watch out for that will indicate you need to have your system inspected.
- If your AC is not producing cool air, or the air flow is weak, you need to have the unit inspected. The cause of this can be anything from a freon leak to a clogged filter.
- Another sign of trouble is if you notice an excess of moisture in the house or condensation on the windows. Too much humidity means the refrigerant is not reducing the moisture as it should.
- Also, watch out for any leaks that may be coming from the system. Water leaks are never good, but the problem could also be a freon leak which can be harmful to your health.
- If you notice a spike in your energy costs, this may mean your system is working too hard to cool the house. It is consuming too much fuel and raising your bills.
- Be aware of any odd noises from your unit as well. Any banging, grating or unusual sounds can be a sign of trouble.
AC repair is never going to come at a convenient time, but waiting too long can cause more costly repairs. If you are faced with AC damage, don’t wait and call us today to set an appointment.
Perks of Ongoing AC Maintenance
Many of the problems above can be eliminated by having maintenance performed on your AC system annually. It is recommended that you service, tune-up, and inspect your air conditioning system at the beginning of the summer season. This will get the unit ready, and find any problems that may have arisen while it was dormant during the winter months.
Besides inspections, there are several other benefits to ongoing AC maintenance, such as:
- Optimized AC performance
- Increased lifespan of the unit
- Better indoor air quality
- Less humidity throughout the house
- Less chance of emergency repairs
- Can reduce energy costs
- Peace of mind.
Sunset Heating & Cooling offers cost-effective maintenance plans for your air conditioning system. Speak with one of our friendly team members today to hear more details.
When Should You Consider AC Replacement?
Unfortunately, the repair costs to your AC may get to the point where it would be beneficial to replace your system. This is not always the easiest decision to make, however. Many homeowners struggle with the right time to take the leap and have a new AC installed.
In terms of cost efficiency, many experts believe that if your AC unit is three-quarters of the way through its lifespan, and the cost to repair the unit is more than or equal to half the cost of a new system, financially it makes sense to let the old system go.
There are some other signs that can help if you are still on the fence though. For example, if your repairs are not expensive but frequent, you should consider a new system. Also, make sure to take into account your comfort level, the energy consumption of your current unit, the air quality of your home, and the efficiency at which your system runs.
All of these are equally important to the decision, but budget, model preference, and features can also play a role. Speaking with an experienced HVAC technician can benefit the homeowner as they will be able to give your current system an accurate diagnosis and recommend how you should move forward.
At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we’ve been helping homeowners like you with air conditioning services since 1922! Be sure to reach out for all your cooling needs, and enjoy a comfortable home no matter the season.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription