Our heating systems are an important aspect of our homes. Though many homeowners take these systems for granted, they are the heart of our modern comfort level. Unfortunately, many residents do not notice their system until there is an issue; or until they wake up on a cold evening.
When your heating system needs repairs, it can cause a lot of inconvenience and disruption to your life. Knowing who to call when you need a furnace repair or a heater tune-up can save you a lot of headaches in the long run. Sunset Heating & Cooling has been the trusted heating repair contractor in the Lake Oswego community since 1922. Our experienced team members are always ready to assist you.
Don’t just take our word for it either. Read our customer reviews to get insight into what it’s like working with our pros.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
For the most part, when your furnace is in trouble it will give off some kind of warning signals to indicate it needs repair. Many homeowners either ignore or do not realize what those signals are until it is too late, and they are faced with emergency repair calls. Here are some of the most common warning signs that your furnace needs repair:
- Insufficient Heat - If there is insufficient heat coming from your vents or you notice cold spots throughout the house, you could have an issue with clogged filters. As there are other problems that could be associated with it, you should call a professional for help.
- No Heat -The more obvious sign is if there is no heat altogether. A furnace can shut down on itself when there is a safety issue at play. If you have no heat, and the system will not turn on, call for help asap.
- Banging - Any strange or unusual sounds coming from your furnace is a cause for alarm. This also goes for more frequent cycling.
- Increased Energy Bills - If you notice a spike in your energy costs, it could be due to your furnace struggling to heat your home.
- Soot and Dust - An excess of dust throughout the house, noticeable soot around the vents, and overall poor air quality are all signs that either your filters are clogged or there is an issue with the blower.
When you see signs that your furnace needs repair, reach out to us right away. Our service technicians are equipped with the right tools, parts, and experience to have your furnace back up and running in no time.
When Should You Replace Your Heating System?
Replacing your heating system can be a big decision to make. At some point, every homeowner will have to make that choice. A common guide to go by if you are undecided is to look at these criteria:
- Frequent small repairs
- Decreased comfort level
- Poor air quality
- Increased energy bills
- Unit is 15 years or older
- Reduced energy efficiency
- Loud banging or grating noises
With new furnace installation, you can enjoy more consistent temperatures, lower energy costs, and improved comfort throughout your home. At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we are your reliable furnace service company.
Want to save on your new installation project? Be sure to check our coupons for added savings on new furnaces.
Benefits of Annual Tune-Up
Ongoing maintenance can have a profound effect on your heating system. It is recommended that your heating system have annual maintenance by an HVAC specialist. You may also need to have maintenance performed more often if your system is on the older side.
At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we offer maintenance plans that will help keep all of your systems working well. Here are some benefits to proactive maintenance:
- Less frequent repairs
- Increased comfort level
- Better air quality
- Longer lifespan for your heating system
- Promotes energy efficiency
Maintenance can alleviate the fear of waking up to a cold house through the winter. Our experts understand the need for heat assurance, which is why we offer cost-effective maintenance that will fit every homeowner’s budget.