Whether you are embarking on a new construction project or your existing system is no longer cutting it, it’s good to know what options are available for central heater replacements. With many modern models available, having a reliable installation company can mean the difference between a seamless experience and a disaster. At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we’ve been working in the Portland, OR area since 1922. In that time, we’ve perfected our services and earned the trust of our customers. When it comes to heating service companies, we’re the best around.
Want to avoid the need for premature replacement? Be sure to schedule ongoing heater maintenance services with our pros today!
When Should You Replace Your Heater?
Sometimes, making the decision to replace your heater can be the most difficult choice for homeowners. Thankfully, there are some criteria you can go by that will help you decide when it’s time to say goodbye.
In general, terms, if your heating system is more than 10 to 15 years old and facing some major repairs, financially speaking, replacing the system is the most cost-efficient option. Here are a few other criteria that can help you make the decision:
- You experience frequent and costly repairs.
- Your system is 10 years or older.
- The heater no longer heats the home comfortably.
- The amount of energy your system consumes has increased.
- The air quality in the home is poor and has affected your health.
- The furnace typically makes loud and odd noises.
Often times, you’ll notice there’s a problem since energy costs will rise. If your heater is taking longer than usual to heat and only producing lukewarm temperatures at best, a change should be made.
How to Choose Your New Heating System
Once you have made the decision that a heater replacement is right for your home, you now have to choose which system is best for you. There are several things you want to take into account. This can include:
- Budget - The first thing you want to look at is your budget. What kind of budget are you able to devote to the project? Also, you want to take into account how much money the system will take to run, repair, and maintain.
- Fuel Source - Secondly, you want to think about the fuel source you want to use. If you would like to upgrade your system to natural gas or if an electric heater is a better option for your home.
- Size - Once you have your budget set and the fuel source set, you want to look at the size of your home. Are you heating an entire house or just an addition? This will determine what size heating system you will need. Also, you want to take into consideration the time it will take to install the system, and how invasive it may be to your home.
- Options - Next, you want to take a look at specific models. With modern advancement, there are many new features available. Some heating systems come with smart thermostats that allow you to control your heater from an app on your phone.
In general, with a new heater installation, you’re looking at tons of benefits you weren’t experiencing before. While at its most basic this includes improved temperatures and airflow, one place you want to look for changes is in your energy costs. If your new heater is costing less to operate without sacrificing performance, it can easily pay for itself in a matter of years!
With a new heater installation, be sure you’re getting the most from your unit with a thermostat upgrade. With smartphone integration and other perks, it is a must-have for new systems.
Work With an Expert
The final consideration when having a heating system installed is who is going to install the system into your home? Working with a trusted and experienced professional is just as important as the other criteria above. A poorly installed heating system can cause thousands of dollars in damage to your home and a lot of stress and inconvenience. Additionally, it can easily cut the lifespan in half.
At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we’ve been the expert heating contractor in Portland, OR for almost a century. Our experienced technicians are committed to making sure every homeowner is 100% satisfied, and it all starts with a quality heater installation.