Your air conditioning system generally lasts anywhere from 10 to 15 years. When you think about how long the average homeowner keeps a car, your AC system far outlasts that. So, it is no wonder that there will come a time when you will need to replace your AC.
Replacing and installing a new central AC system can be overwhelming, however, Knowing how to choose the right AC unit for your home can help you get the most comfort from your air conditioner. At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we are your reliable Milwaukie, OR air conditioning service company. From repairs to replacements, our cooling contractors are here to help.
Want to know more about our work? Visit our reviews page to hear from some of our past customers before your next service call!
When Should You Opt for AC Replacement?
Typically, every homeowner will need to replace their air conditioning system at some point. The trick is to replace the system before it becomes a financial drain. Here are some simple tips to determine when the right time is to replace your AC unit:
- The AC unit no longer gives off sufficient cool air
- The system is 10 years or older with frequent repairs
- You have had major repairs with other issues
- The air quality is poor
- The air conditioner makes strange noises
- Your AC’s energy bills and consumption have risen
There can be several other factors that go into the decision-making process. Depending on your home and lifestyle, different criteria may apply. Features such as controlling your system from an app and extended warranties can play a role.
The Many Benefits of Replacing Your Air Conditioner
Besides the effects your current AC system has on your home, many homeowners use the benefits of a new system to weigh in on their decision to install a new model. There are many advantages to replacing your AC that can affect your home, health, and wallet.
Here are some of the best benefits of installing a new central air conditioning system:
- The lifespan of new AC models is longer
- They have better air filters for optimized air quality
- Your carbon footprint is reduced as new models consume less energy
- Your energy bills decrease
- The air will be more comfortable in the home
- There are smart features that allow you to control your unit from a mobile app
- There will be less need for repairs
Are you ready to have a new AC system installed? Visit our coupons page to see added savings on new installations.
Why Work With a Professional?
Regardless of the type of AC system you choose to install, working with a certified HVAC technician will ensure that your system is being installed properly and carefully. At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we are your expert air conditioning service providers. Not only can we help with new installations, but also we offer AC repairs and maintenance, which can solve many of your nagging cooling issues, while also extending the life and improving the performance of your existing air conditioner.