There is nothing more frustrating for homeowners than an air conditioner that is on the fritz during the hottest months of summer. Being able to spot problems before they occur can save a lot of stress and otherwise costly emergency repairs. At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we are your reliable West Linn, OR air conditioning service company. From major repair services to ongoing AC maintenance, you can count on our pros for quality solutions.
Don’t just take our word for it. Be sure to read our customer reviews, and let our work speak for itself!
Symptoms of a Damaged Air Conditioner
Sometimes, replacing your air conditioner is not the answer. Even newer air conditioners can breakdown and need service. It’s important to spot the problems before they can cause larger issues.
Here are some of the most common warning signs that your AC is damaged:
- No Cool Air - If your AC is blowing warm air, or you notice there are warm spots throughout the house, it means there is an issue that needs attention.
- Moisture and Humidity - Another good indicator of trouble is if there is excess moisture and humidity through the house. If you can see condensation on windows, mirrors, etc, there is likely an issue with your refrigerant.
- Leaks - If your air conditioner is not cooling the house sufficiently, it’s a good idea to check for leaks. If there is water pooling near the unit, it can be one of two things, either a water leak or a refrigerant leak. Both are good reasons to ask for assistance.
- Strange Noises - Any noise that is not normal for your AC is not a good sign. Have a technician look at it as soon as possible.
The air conditioner in your West Linn, OR home is critical to your comfort and safety. While you need an expert to help with repairs, as a homeowner, you should be well-versed in the warning signs of a damaged system. By scheduling service early, you can avoid those major emergencies like an air conditioner that won’t turn on.
When Should You Replace Your Air Conditioner?
When constant repairs become too much, many homeowners opt to replace their existing AC and have a new unit installed. Deciding which repair is the final straw can be difficult, and many homeowners end up spending way more than necessary on emergency service calls.
Here are some tips on what to look for that will indicate it’s time to replace your current air conditioner:
- The unit often breaks down and needs repairs
- The unit emits inconsistent or warm air
- Your home’s air quality is poor
- The energy costs from running your AC system has risen
- There are strange sounds coming from the AC
- The unit itself is 12 years or older
- The unit no longer removes the humidity from the air
Want to save on your new air conditioner installation? Be sure to check our coupons for added savings on new installation projects.
Why Proactive Maintenance Is Good for Your AC
Many of the problems above can be prevented by annual AC maintenance. Having a professional HVAC technician service, tune, and inspect your AC system can save you a lot of headaches, stress, and costly repairs in the future.
While most experts recommend annual maintenance be performed, it’s also important to check your owner's manual for additional information. With that in mind, take a look at some of the other benefits of ongoing maintenance:
- Increases the lifespan of your unit
- Prevents and reduces the number of repairs
- It helps promote good air quality
- Keeps your comfort level at an optimal place
- Potentially keeps your warranty in good standing
- Help keep your energy bills low
At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we’re dedicated to keeping our customers comfortable and safe in their own homes. When you need us most, we’ll be there to help you. From minor air conditioner repairs to proactive maintenance, we are dedicated to providing the very best in customer care.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription