The hot water heater in your home is often taken for granted, that is until it stops working. At that point, it becomes crucial to find reliable help. Sunset Heating & Cooling is your trusted Portland, OR water heater service company. Not only can we help you with those emergency issues like leaks, but also we offer water heater replacement to help you upgrade your system.
Looking for a modern replacement for your old tanked unit? Be sure to ask about the benefits of a tankless water heater and how you can get one installed in your home today!
Signs You Need Water Heater Repairs
There is nothing worse than hopping in the shower only to find there is no hot water. Unfortunately, there are times that this can happen without warning. Luckily, there are many signals that can indicate your system is in need of repair. Some of these include:
- If you have no hot water, lukewarm water, or you run out of warm water quickly, it’s time to call a professional for repair.
- Any rumbling sounds or odd noises coming from your water heater are definite signs that a breakdown will soon occur.
- Any dripping water underneath or water coming from the top is immediate grounds for an emergency call to your plumbing technician.
- If you notice your water looks rusty or has a mineral taste or smell, you could have mineral build up in your tank. This can cause the system to malfunction, and eventually breakdown
A common issue with water heaters is that they deteriorate over time. If you see rust buildup or the water quality is on the decline, you’ll want to get your system inspected as soon as possible.
The Benefits of Replacing Your Water Heater
At some point, every homeowner decides it’s time to replace their hot water heater with a new model. There can be several benefits to having a new system installed. Here are the top benefits:
- Fewer Repairs - A new hot unit will require fewer repairs than your existing unit.
- More Hot Water - Most modern models are a lot more efficient than traditional models. Not only does the hot water last longer, but they are also more resistant to mineral buildup.
- Cost Efficiency - Newer models are also a lot more cost-efficient as they do not use as much energy to heat the water.
- Recovery Period - Modern systems have a better recovery time. They are able to heat the next batch of water quickly, thus allowing for better time management.
- Smart Features - Another benefit is the availability of smart features such as vacation mode. This allows you to turn down your water heater while away so you are not wasting energy.
At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we offer expert water heater installation services throughout the Portland, OR area. We always work with your budget and needs in mind, finding the perfect system that’ll keep your home and family comfortable for years to come.
Now that your water is taken care of, be sure you’re getting consistent temperatures in your home as well. We offer top-rated thermostat installation services to all our customers!
Why Is Professional Installation Essential?
Whether you are working with a gas or electric hot water heater, it is important to consult an experienced plumbing technician before you attempt any repairs. At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we’ve been serving the community since 1922. We stock the very best parts and appliances and only offer the highest quality solutions. You can always expect upfront pricing and friendly staff, making a potentially stressful situation, like a water heater repair, simple and stress-free.