Many homeowners are not aware of the significance of their ductwork system, since it is often out of sight and out of mind. But, this system controls how cool and warm air is distributed throughout the home. When it is damaged, that airflow can be interrupted or stopped completely. At Sunset Heating & Cooling, we are your reliable air duct repair experts in the Portland, OR area. Serving homeowners since 1922, we can help you troubleshoot and even install new air ducts as needed. Before long, you’ll enjoy consistent airflow and a comfortable home in no time! Contact us today to learn more about our air duct repair & installation services.
Now that your ductwork is cared for, be sure your air conditioner is running at its best with routine AC tune-up services.
Signs You Need Ductwork Repair
Not only does the ductwork carry the cool and warm air from your HVAC system to the rooms in your home, but it also acts as an air filter. Unfortunately, like most aspects of our homes, repairs may be needed from time to time. Here are some signs that your ductwork may need professional attention:
- Energy Costs - A lot of homeowners notice an increase in costs when they have leaky ducts.
- Air Leaks - If you feel a draft, it could be due to an air leak in the ductwork. This lets air to leave the house causing an increase to energy bills.
- Excess Dust - Another indicator you may need repairs is if you can see dust or soot around your vents. This is usually caused by dirty or clogged air filters.
- Loud Noises - Sometimes, a duct can break and fall. This will be accompanied by a large banging noise that can be scary if you do not know what it is.
- Mold Growth - Mold is another indicator that repairs are needed.
- Infestation - If there are holes in your ductwork, this could allow an infestation of bugs or rodents. Any signs of this should be followed up with a call to an HVAC professional.
At the first sign of trouble, call Sunset Heating & Cooling, your reliable HVAC service company. We can provide inspection and long-term repair keeping your home and loved ones safe and comfortable.
When Is New Ductwork Installation Needed?
In addition to repairs, there may also come a time when you will need to have new ductwork installed in your home. This is usually due to one of three things. First, if your air ducts are more than 30 years old, and you have had frequent repairs, you may want to consider replacement.
The second reason for installing new ductwork is a new addition to the home. Generally speaking, homeowners will want to either heat or cool their new addition. In order to do this, they will have to have air ducts installed.
Lastly, if you are having a new home built, and have opted for a forced air HVAC system, you will need to have this system put into place.
Was your home built without air ducts? We also offer ductless mini-split AC system installation services!
Call Us Today!
When you are having new ductwork installed in your home or you need to have your current system repaired, it’s important to work with a professional. Not only will they be able to access tight areas easier (thanks to specific tools), but they will be able to head off any other issues that might present themselves.
At Sunset Heating & Cooling our team of professionals are ready to take care of all your air duct repair & installation needs. Having served the community since 1922, we pride ourselves on providing top-quality solutions with upfront pricing and exceptional customer service. The ductwork in your home is essential for your comfort, so be sure you leave it in the best hands possible!