Research has proven that heat and moisture are every attic’s worst enemy. While many homes have small passive vents, most are ineffective in moving enough air to expel heat and moisture. Solar Star attic fans are technologically advanced with a “run by the sun” solution for both problems.
Most electric powered attic ventilators are engaged by a thermostat, so they only work when attic temperatures have already built up. Because of this, thermostat activated units are forced to play catch up with that built-up heat. Other systems may only have a humidistat measuring the moisture level in an attic. This too is a problem because when humidity levels reach the reset activation level, condensation and moisture have already reached a critical point.
The solution is Solar Star. Solar Star doesn’t have the costly problem of replacing thermostats or humidistats like electric ventilators. And since Solar Star functions from sunup to sundown, humidity and temperature levels never reach those critical activation levels. The result is a properly ventilated attic which prolongs your roof’s life, lowers your utility costs, and makes your living environment comfortable.
Surpress Heat Build Up. A hot attic acts like a giant radiator, transferring heat into your living spaces, sending both utility bills and temperatures soaring. In colder climates, heat build-up in an attic causes snow to melt and run down where it freezes at the eaves, causing destructive ice damming.
Battle Moisture. Many of today’s houses have insufficient ventilation and air exchange. This causes high humidity levels from everyday activities. The moisture migrates through the ceiling towards the roof where it comes in contact with the cold structure. Here, ice and frost form, causing damage to your roof structure. Additionally, moisture can saturate insulation, promote fungal decay and plywood delamination.
Solar Star Roof Mount Vent draws hot air and moisture out of the attic and discharges it to the exterior.
Convert any attic vent into a Solar-Powered vent. The NEW Solar Star Conversion Kit transforms any roof vent into an eco-friendly solar-powered vent. Now you can easily and quickly use the power of the sun to reduce attic heat and battle moisture.
- Boost performance of existing passive vents.
- Transform energy consuming and noisy powered vents into quiet solar-powered vents.
- Powered by the sun. NO electrical hook-up, NO electrician and requires NO cost to operate.
- Choose any sunny roof location to install attractive solar panel.
- Whisper quiet motor.
- No costly electrical hook ups because it’s powered by the built-in photovoltaic power source.
- Stainless steel mounting screws.
- Non-corrosive and durable polymeric integral exhaust screen.
- Lightweight polymeric fan blade minimizes motor resistance and is non-corrosive.
- Leak-proof, seamless one-piece flashing.
- Can be installed low profile, pitched, or high profile.
- Reduces heat build up.
- Reduces air conditioning costs.
- Prevents ice damming.
- Reduces damaging condensation.
- Protects insulation from moisture saturation.
- Fights mold and fungal decay.
- Reduces heating costs.
- Costs nothing to operate.
- 5 year warranty on motor and solar panel; 10 year warranty on all other components.
- Meets Florida Building Code.
Decided you need one of these, or need more information? Click here! and we will be happy to answer any of your questions or schedule install.
These attic fans may qualify for 30% off your federal tax credit!